Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cry to my sister

I was born in a very remote mountain village. Day by day. my parents plowed the yellow soil, and their backs facing the sky. I have a sister, three years younger than me. Who loves me more than I love him.

One time, to buy a handkerchief that is where all the girls around me seems to bring it, I stole fifty cents from the drawer of my father. The father immediately noticed. He made ​​my sister and I knelt in front of the wall, with a bamboo stick in his hand.

"Who stole the money?" He asked. I was stunned, too scared to speak. Dad did not hear anyone confess, so he said. "Well, then, you two should be beaten!"

D iamengangkattongkatba mbuitutingi -high. Suddenly. my sister grabbed her arm and said, "Dad. I did it!"

Stick it hit the back of my brother's long barrage. The father was so angry that he kept on whipping until he ran out of breath. Afterward, he sat on the bed of our brick and scolded, "You have learned to steal from home now, what disgrace would you do in the future? You should be beaten to death! You shameless thief!"

That night, mother and I hugged my sister in our arms. His body was covered with wounds, but he did not shed a single drop of tears. In the middle of the night, I suddenly started to bawl. My brother covered my mouth with his hand and said. "Sister, do not cry now. Everything has happened."

I still hate myself for not having the courage to admit. Many years have passed, but the incident is still fresh in my memory. I will never forget the look of my brother when he was protecting me. At that time, my brother was 8 years old. I was 11. When my brother was in his last year in junior high. he graduated to go to high school in the district center. At the same time, I was accepted into a provincial university. That night. father squatted in the yard, smoking cigarettes tobacco, wrap wrap sake. I could hear him, "Both our children so baik.hasil results were so good" Mother wiped off her tears and sighed, "What's the point? How can we afford both at once?"

At that moment, my brother walked up to my father and said, "Dad, I do not want to go to school anymore, I have read enough books."

Dad swung his arm and hit my sister on her face. "Why do you have a soul that is so damn weak? Even if it means I have to beg in the streets, I will send you two to finish!"

And then, he knocked on every house in the village to borrow money. I stuck out my hand as gently as I could into my brother's swollen face, and said, "A boy to continue his study. Otherwise he will never leave this poverty." I, on the contrary, has decided to no longer continue to university.

Who sangkakeesokanharinya, sebelumsubuhdatang, my brother left home with some ragged clothes and a little dried out. He slipped to the side of my bed and left a note on my pillow: "Sister, go to university is not easy. I'll go look for a job and send money."

I held the note on my bed, and cried with tears streaming down until I lost my voice . That year, my brother was 17 years old. I'm 20.

With father borrowed money from the whole village, and the money my brother earned from carrying cement in construction sites, I finally got to the third year. One day. I was studying in my room, when my roommate came in and tell you, "There is an inhabitant of the village is waiting out there!" Why is there an inhabitant of the village looking for? I walked out, and saw my brother from afar, the entire gross body covered in cement and sand. I asked him, "Why do not you tell my roommate that you are my brother?"

He replied, smiling, "Look at my appearance. What would they think if they knew I was your brother? What they will not laugh?"

I felt so touched. and tears filled my eyes. I wiped the dust from my brother, and choked on my words, "I do not care what people say! You are my brother no matter what! You are my brother no matter what you look like ..."

From his pocket, he pulled out a clip butterfly-shaped hair. He put it to me, and went on to explain, "I saw all the girls wear the city. So I think you also have to have one."

I could not hold back any longer. I pulled my brother into my arms and cried and cried. That year. he was 20. I was 23.

The first time I brought my boyfriend to the house, broken windows have been replaced, and look clean everywhere. After my boyfriend left, I danced like a little girl in front of my mother. "Mom, you do not need to spend so much time cleaning our house!" But he said, with a smile, "It was your brother who went home early to clean the house. Do not you see the wound on his hand? He was injured when installing the new window glass."

I walked into the small room my sister. Looking at his thin face, a hundred needle felt stabbed me. I put some ointment on the wound and bandaged his wound. "Does it hurt?" I asked.

'No, no pain. You know. when I was working at a construction site, stones falling on my feet all the time. Even that does not stop working and. "Amid the sentence, he stopped. I turned my back. And tears streamed down my face. That year, my brother was 23. I aged 26. When I got married, I lived in the city. Many times my husband and I invited my parents to come and live with us. But they never would. They say, once they left the village, they would not know what to do. My brother did not agree as well, said, "Sis, keep-in-law alone. I will take care of mom and dad here.

"Myhusband became the director of the factory. We wanted my brother to get a job as a manager in the maintenance department. But my brother refused the offer, he insisted on starting work as reparation.

One day. My sister on top of a ladder to fix a cable, when he got electrocuted, and go to the hospital. My husband and I went to visit him. Seeing a white cast on his leg, I grumbled. "Why do you refuse to be a manager? The manager will never have to do something dangerous like this. Look at you now, a serious injury. Why did not you listen to us?

"Witha serious look on his face, he defended his decision." Think --ia sister in law just became a director, and I barely educated. If I become a manager like that, what kind of news will be delivered?

"Myhusband's eyes filled with tears. And then exit my words that word-word: 'But the lack of education was because of me!"

"Why talk about the past?" My sister held my hand. That year, he was 26 and I was 29.

My sister then aged 30 when she married a peasant girl from the village. In the wedding ceremony, master of ceremonies asked him, "Who do you most respect and love?" Without thinking, he replied, "My sister." He went on to recount a story that could not even remember. "When I went elementary school, he was in a different village. Every day my sister and I walked for two hours to go to school and go home. One day. I lost one of my gloves. My sister gave one of his possessions, he just wear one and walk that far. When we arrived home, her hand was the weather was so cold that he could not hold chopsticks. From that day on, I vowed, as long as I am alive, I will keep my sister and good to him. "

Applause filled up the room. All guests turned his attention to me.

The words are so hard to come out of my lips, "In my life, the person I am most grateful for is my brother." And in this the happiest occasion. in front of a crowd of this celebration. tears rolling down from my face like a river. (From "I cried for my brother six times -swaramer)

Did our device

(Series of Independence)
When Princess Elizabeth was crowned Queen of England replacing his father who died, the Indonesian government has sent Haji Agus Salim and Sri Pakualam VIII. Prince Philip is still Young looks awkward to face the guests are mostly older. Realizing the situation, H. Agus Salim, the diplomat who mastered eight foreign languages, approached Prince Philip as he swung the cigarette.

"Does Your Majesty know this cigarette smell?" he asked.

Prince Philip answered doubt. She did not recognize the scent of cigarettes. Smiling H. Agus Salim said, "This is what causes = nation abuzz Majesty came to my country." The Prince laughed, the atmosphere becomes liquid. He was so moved gracefully face the guests.  

Wisdom Of The Day
There is one thing that remains is more important for the development of science exceed brilliant methods, namely the willingness to find the truth, whatever it is. (Charles Sanders Pierce)

No comments:

Post a Comment